Thursday, December 8, 2011

Having Yahoo account management issues with email name!?

I made my account a VERY long time ago. Whenever I email people it comes up as "Pot Head". I have tried over and over to figure out how to fix this to say my name. Whenever i look at my account settings everything has my name properly, but it still comes up as "Pot Head" not my real name. How do i change this?|||You just need to change the "from line" setting.





Mail page%26gt;%26gt;options%26gt;%26gt;mail options%26gt;%26gt;and the "general" page opens.





Near the top of that page----erase whatever is showing, on the "From line" and type in something else---a nickname or an alias---or anything you wish-----then click "save" changes at the top of page.


......................................鈥?br>

You cannot leave that line blank---otherwise Yahoo will insert something there---either the account name or most likely "False".


......................................鈥?br>

Just in case you're using the "New Mail".


Mail page%26gt;%26gt;options%26gt;%26gt;mail options%26gt;%26gt;accounts (side panel)%26gt;%26gt;add/edit an account%26gt;%26gt;Yahoo mail (side panel)%26gt;%26gt;edit%26gt;%26gt;general preferences----and change it and save it.|||click-on help.when you signed,also try the help button on top around options. good luck.also change it on your yahoo answers profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment