Monday, December 12, 2011

How do I meet account managers and others in Advertising?

I am trying to break into Advertising (Account Management) .. so I want to meet these people %26amp; socialize more w/ that crowd.... In the NYC area... where do these people go, hang out, have drinks???





They say to build your network... but currently my Adv Network is practically nonexistant...





What can I do?|||I suggest reading the trade publications like Adweek, AdAge, MediaWeek. They all print local additions and sometimes they may have happenings/goings on for your local area. You are in a good spot in NYC. I know here in Atlanta, we normal hung as a group after work at places close to the office.





Also check out AAAA.org, and considering joining -- they are a great resource to learn about the industry and for networking.





Radio/TV sales is a great starting ground to getting into Account Management with an ad firm. Work with an advertising headhunter -- they can also help with your career search and networking.





Good luck!|||Go to www.MediaSalesProfessionals.com. Submit your resume to log in. That will get you access to some of the most successful "stars" in this industry. I'm on the West Coast, but the same should work for you - I've made connections worth (a lot).

No comments:

Post a Comment