Thursday, December 8, 2011

Need Help! Too hard to switch careers from software account management to brand management!?

I feel very helpless like I'm facing a brick wall, so I'd appreciate any professional advice. I have been working in support and account management for 6 years for a financial software company, I got my MBA in marketing and now looking to transition to brand management in consumer product goods. However, I am being rejected everywhere because I'm told that I don't have marketing experience. I actually do have about 2 years worth of marketing experience for consulting projects at school and also helping with family restaurant marketing. I can't get more experience because when I apply for a job they say I need experience! It's like a vicious circle. Please any suggestions to progress my career? Thank you!|||You are in the same position as my daughter. She wants to move into sales but cant get started due to lack of experience. I have helped to advise her but its not easy for dads to do it ( if you know what I mean).





She eventually got a sales job by making her limitted sales experience a more focal part of her CV and telling companies that sales is where she is going. So I would make your marketing experience a stronger part of your CV and apply for as many jobs as possible.





Be determined, life does reward those that are comittend and prepared to fight hard for whats they wamt.





Feel free to email me if you wish





Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment